We have moved to a new site!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We have moved to a new site!

http://www.marchmadnessforums.com

+8
WildcatFrenzy
JAY BALLIN' HAWK
JLintner
Conor
HeelsFan4027
JodieMeeks
Wildcat_lover
Orange
12 posters

Your choice for Player of the Year?

Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 256
    Favorite team : Syracuse
    REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-08

Your choice for Player of the Year? Empty Your choice for Player of the Year?

Post by Orange Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:43 pm

My choice is Blake Griffin. He is the most dominant player in college basketball and leads the nation with 20 double doubles.
    Wildcat_lover

Number of posts : 2
    REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-11

Your choice for Player of the Year? Empty Re: Your choice for Player of the Year?

Post by Wildcat_lover Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 pm

Jodie Meeks from UK for sure. 54 points on the road vs. Tennessee, and a game winner against UF!!
    JodieMeeks

Number of posts : 2
    REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Your choice for Player of the Year? Empty Re: Your choice for Player of the Year?

Post by JodieMeeks Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:24 pm

J.MEEKS for sure he is the best..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! king
    HeelsFan4027

Number of posts : 1
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-12

Post by HeelsFan4027 Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Griffin
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Post by Orange Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:05 pm

Griffin's 22.1 points per game and his 13.6 rebounds per game are crazy. Meeks is averaging 25 points per game but in my mind averaging well over a double double is more impressive.
    Conor

Number of posts : 14
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-11

Post by Conor Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:01 pm

It's gotta be Griffin......he's been there on a more consistent basis than anything else and he's not just a scorer.
    JLintner

Number of posts : 18
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post by JLintner Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:40 pm

What Blake Griffin is doing is hard to beat, but I'm liking Hasheem Thabeet as of late. A lot of stats are recorded, but Thabeet does a lot of things you can't put on paper. His presence changes the game.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:09 pm

JLintner wrote:What Blake Griffin is doing is hard to beat, but I'm liking Hasheem Thabeet as of late. A lot of stats are recorded, but Thabeet does a lot of things you can't put on paper. His presence changes the game.

Griffin's stats today: 40 points, 23 boards

I agree that Thabeet has played great and effects almost every shot in the paint. He had a nice day as well. 25 points, 20 rebounds, and 9 blocks are solid numbers as well.
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK

Number of posts : 38
    REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by JAY BALLIN' HAWK Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Meeks and Griffin both went stupid today, but it looks like Blake is gonna run away with it. Still have some season left. I know Tyler is like "Where the F this guy come from?"
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Meeks scoring 45 and seven rebounds was crazy too. A lot of big performances but I don't see Griffin not coming away with this award.
    WildcatFrenzy

Number of posts : 8
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by WildcatFrenzy Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:35 pm

I am down to three

Curry from Davidson
    Griffin from Oklahoma
    Meeks from Kentucky

Curry's recent injury may take him out of the conversation.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:37 pm

WildcatFrenzy wrote:I am down to three

Curry from Davidson
    Griffin from Oklahoma
    Meeks from Kentucky

Curry should be OK though he may only miss one game. No consideration for Thabeet?
    WildcatFrenzy

REP :

Post by WildcatFrenzy Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Orange wrote:

Curry from Davidson
    Griffin from Oklahoma
    Meeks from Kentucky

Curry should be OK though he may only miss one game. No consideration for Thabeet?

His stats are impressive, but most of his points come from dunks. He has very little range.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:39 pm

Still, Thabeet's defense and impact on the game is undeniable. The 20 boards and 9 blocks he had today were incredible.
    WildcatFrenzy

REP :

Post by WildcatFrenzy Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Orange wrote:Still, Thabeet's defense and impact on the game is undeniable. The 20 boards and 9 blocks he had today were incredible.

I completely agree.
    JLintner

Number of posts : 18
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-09

Post by JLintner Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:58 pm

WildcatFrenzy wrote:
    Orange wrote:

Curry from Davidson
    Griffin from Oklahoma
    Meeks from Kentucky

His stats are impressive, but most of his points come from dunks. He has very little range.

Score reader? Thabeet has developed quite a mid-range jumper. I'm sure you saw it on display against Louisville. Also, why shoot when you don't need to?
    Buggers Bunny
    Buggers Bunny

Number of posts : 54
    Favorite team : Carolina, Davidson, WVU
    REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Buggers Bunny Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Curry from Davidson
    Griffin from Oklahoma
    Meeks from Kentucky

Really? I'm still at 5.

Stephen Curry, Davidson

Blake Griffin, Oklahoma

Tyler Hansbrough, Carolina

Hasheem Thabeet, UConn

Darren Collison, UCLA
    texasbball420
    texasbball420

Number of posts : 44
    REP :
    Your choice for Player of the Year? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Your choice for Player of the Year? Right_bar_bleue

Post by texasbball420 Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:16 am

Blake Griffin. 23 Points and 14 Rebounds per game-- that about sums up my choice....

Everyone's talking about Thabeet recently, but he still has not showed me enough yet. Although he averages 4 blocks a game he is only putting up 13 points and 10 rebounds per game. He played great against Seton Hall but played horrible when it mattered against Pitt. I do not think you can deny Stephen Curry's increase in assists this year. From 2.8 to 5.8. Everyone said he was going to have to step that up this year and he did that. He is now fifteenth in the country in Assists and of course leads the nation in scoring so I think that is a good resume also.
    Buggers Bunny
    Buggers Bunny

Number of posts : 54
    Favorite team : Carolina, Davidson, WVU
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Post by Buggers Bunny Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Well, evenif he doesn't get as much PPG as Griffin, he could still be better than him. If Thabeet played for a team like Princeton, he would be averaging almost 35 PPG. I'm not saying that UConn is better than Oklahoma or aything, but they do have a lot more talent. They don't really need Thabeet to score as much, while the Sooners pretty much do.
    codelltaylor
    codelltaylor

Number of posts : 109
    Favorite team : PITT
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by codelltaylor Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Does the Big12 have any big guys to play against Griffin outside of Aldrich? He will win POY and he does deserve it for the numbers he is putting up. I think Griffin's numbers are a little bit like Harangody's numbers at ND. Griffin is better than Harangody, but it is hard to tell when players like Thabeet and Blair aren't needed to do everything for their team while Curry and Griffin have to do more for their team to succeed. But yeah Griffin will win it and I think he deserves it.

but you can't just compare numbers because Griffin plays 33 mpg due to OU being in a lot of close games while Blair plays only 26 because PITT's games mostly aren't that close at the end.
    Jhawk12_28
    Jhawk12_28

Number of posts : 20
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-17

Post by Jhawk12_28 Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:25 pm

me or B.Griffin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 pm