We have moved to a new site!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We have moved to a new site!

http://www.marchmadnessforums.com

+5
orangeball
Buggers Bunny
flynnisthetruth
Orange
JAY BALLIN' HAWK
9 posters

Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan.

JAY BALLIN' HAWK
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK

Number of posts : 38
    REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-13

Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Empty Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan.

Post by JAY BALLIN' HAWK Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:10 am

I've seen people give their most memorable moment. Most of them were positive. But we all know the pain of watching your team lose. I've experienced a lot as a KU fan. It's hard to pick one but I'd have to say mine would be the 1st round loss to Bucknell in '05. KU was loaded with Seniors Wayne Simien, Aaron Miles, and Keith Langford but couldn't get the job done. Man that hurt.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 256
    Favorite team : Syracuse
    REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-08

Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Empty Re: Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan.

Post by Orange Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 am

I remember Kansas over Bucknell, killed my bracket big time that year. For me, it has to be when Syracuse lost to Vermont in the first round. Another big first round upset, I was pissed off for about a month after that.
    flynnisthetruth

Number of posts : 3
    REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-16

Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Empty Re: Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan.

Post by flynnisthetruth Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:49 am

For some reason the A&M loss leaves a worse taste in my mouth. I think that has a lot to do with Billy G. who i felt was an arrogant piece of at the time. Vermont should be the worst in recent memory because Hak is my all time favorite orangemen... but naw... acie law IV and billy g, can't stand 'em.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Post by Orange Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Yea that A&M loss sucked too because that was after that amazing run by G-MAC to win the Big East tourney and then to lose in the first round like that and for G-MAC to be too worn down to even score a field goal it hurt.
    flynnisthetruth

REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Post by flynnisthetruth Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:43 pm

Orange wrote:Yea that A&M loss sucked too because that was after that amazing run by G-MAC to win the Big East tourney and then to lose in the first round like that and for G-MAC to be too worn down to even score a field goal it hurt.
    that's why it shouldn't really bother me, Gerry was on a bum leg and aside from him we have no consistency (Dnic was our secondary scorer and this was before he really blew up before his senior season). But for some reason, it bothered me. Could be because subconsiously i thought we owned the big 12 (see 2003).
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 pm

It bothered me because I got so excited about the team after the amazing Big East tourney run only to be let down in the first round of the tourney.
    Buggers Bunny
    Buggers Bunny

Number of posts : 54
    Favorite team : Carolina, Davidson, WVU
    REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Post by Buggers Bunny Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:36 pm

Ummm... Your Jayhawks have beaten my 2 fave teams in last year's tourny.

But the heartbreaking moment would be the upset on Davidson

The most disappointing loss would be UNC losing to them in the same tourny, because UNC was favored the whole way through, with exceptions for Memphis
    orangeball

Number of posts : 4
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-15

Post by orangeball Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Keith.......

Keith.....

Okay, it hurts so bad I can't even finish his name. Thank goodness we pulled it out in '03 or I don't know what i'd do.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:08 pm

orangeball wrote:Keith.......

Keith.....

Okay, it hurts so bad I can't even finish his name. Thank goodness we pulled it out in '03 or I don't know what i'd do.

True that, true that.
    texasbball420
    texasbball420

Number of posts : 44
    REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by texasbball420 Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:52 am

Here's something that orange will love:

Losing in the final four in 2003 to a number 3 seed Syracuse team that consisted of Carmelo Anthony, Hakim Warrick, and Gerry McNamara. We were a number one seed and had our best year ever up to that point. I remember we were only down by four with like a minute left, but McNamara was able to close out the game. All I can say is that I wish we got to play Marquette in the final four because Melo was money all day that game. I think he had like 35 points or something.
    Buggers Bunny
    Buggers Bunny

REP :

Post by Buggers Bunny Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:46 pm

Anonther is WVU's recking loss to Xavier in last year's Tourny.

I was a big WestV fan, and I couldn't get off my hype about my team (Seeded #7) beating Duke (#2). It was an amazing matchup, at the time. Now you wouldn't even care about the game. I actually started thinking they can win it, but a few days later, Sad
    Jhawk12_28
    Jhawk12_28

Number of posts : 20
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-17

Post by Jhawk12_28 Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Mine was KU loosing in the final four in 2002, we were pounding maryland at first the all of a sudden we were down big Mad . Then it was the 2003 national championship game.
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK

REP :

Post by JAY BALLIN' HAWK Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Jhawk12_28 wrote:Mine was KU loosing in the final four in 2002, we were pounding maryland at first the all of a sudden we were down big Mad . Then it was the 2003 national championship game.

Don't get me wrong. The 2003 championship game hurt too but I was proud of them comin' back from that deficit. Hakim made a great block. KU got there, they just came up short.
    Buggers Bunny
    Buggers Bunny

REP :

Post by Buggers Bunny Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Again, many Kansas fans. Very Happy

So now Kansas is basically my worst enemy. Since they knocked out UNC and Davidson from last year's tourny. I cannot go to sleep while thinking of that. I am glad we lost to the winning team of the whole tourny. If you guys had lost, we would have been in more shame than normal.

But they were kind of like underdogs. So many people thought it was either Carolina or Memphis to win it. Little people beleived in UCLA. And almost nobody though KU can pull it, but they did. Proud of my nemesis Very Happy
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK

REP :

Post by JAY BALLIN' HAWK Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Buggers Bunny wrote:Again, many Kansas fans. Very Happy

So now Kansas is basically my worst enemy. Since they knocked out UNC and Davidson from last year's tourny. I cannot go to sleep while thinking of that. I am glad we lost to the winning team of the whole tourny. If you guys had lost, we would have been in more shame than normal.

But they were kind of like underdogs. So many people thought it was either Carolina or Memphis to win it. Little people beleived in UCLA. And almost nobody though KU can pull it, but they did. Proud of my nemesis Very Happy

Yeah, Davidson was a scary game but my boys pulled it out. 20 years between titles is a long time. I'm not gonna lie. I really enjoyed that smackdown on UNC. UNC fans had been poppin' that junk and KU shut em up. Plus the whole Roy thing. I'll never forget Roy in the stand rockin' the KU logo on his sweater. hahaha. Man that really P.O'd a lot of folks.That was as about as gratifying as the Memphis game. I gotta lotta respect for UNC though and they are my pick to win it all this year. Once the NCAA's start. They are goin' to be on a mission. I think they'll tighten that suspect D up and they have all the ingredients to win. A great coach, Experience, Senior leadership, Deep bench, speed, and outstanding talent at all positions. Could they lose? Yeah, but I don't think they will.
    Buggers Bunny
    Buggers Bunny

REP :

Post by Buggers Bunny Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 pm

JAY BALLIN' HAWK wrote:
    Buggers Bunny wrote:Again, many Kansas fans. Very Happy

Yeah, Davidson was a scary game but my boys pulled it out. 20 years between titles is a long time. I'm not gonna lie. I really enjoyed that smackdown on UNC. UNC fans had been poppin' that junk and KU shut em up. Plus the whole Roy thing. I'll never forget Roy in the stand rockin' the KU logo on his sweater. hahaha. Man that really P.O'd a lot of folks.That was as about as gratifying as the Memphis game. I gotta lotta respect for UNC though and they are my pick to win it all this year. Once the NCAA's start. They are goin' to be on a mission. I think they'll tighten that suspect D up and they have all the ingredients to win. A great coach, Experience, Senior leadership, Deep bench, speed, and outstanding talent at all positions. Could they lose? Yeah, but I don't think they will.

I agree. That is what gave us fans a bad rep that year.

But last year also gave us a chance to prove our stars at Davidson. I agree it was scary, even
    for me. With all the momentum on Davidson's side and that big run, I would be scared, too.
    Even if I was Pitt, UConn, UNC, KU, and anything combined it would be frightning
    IMKL
    IMKL

Number of posts : 19
    REP :
    Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Most heartbreaking moment you can remember as a fan. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-14

Post by IMKL Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:45 pm

I hate even bringing it up with Carolina fans ready to flame me, but the heartbreaking moment is without a doubt the travel call made on Allan Ray during the tournament vs the eventual National Champs UNC.

The thing that made it terrible is that Nova fans knew deep down that our team had no realistic chance of beating the Tarheels. No Curtis Sumpter (Nova's best player during that time, which many forget) who was injured in the game before, so how could Nova possibly win? Plus, as soon as the whistle blew and the shot went in, the first reaction was AND 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! Only to be completely fooled and dumbfounded that a travel (!?!??!??!?!?) was called.

I still to this day cannot tell if it was a travel or not. The fact that it's so hard to tell is reason enough for me to say it's a terrible job of officiating to call a travel in that situation.

The good thing about that game? It marked the arrival of Kyle Lowry!
    Lukin
    Lukin

REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-23

Post by Lukin Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:27 am

As a Zags fan, nothing hurt more than watching UCLA come back from 9 down with 2 to play and made Mo cry.

Fuggin Bruins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:33 am