We have moved to a new site!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
We have moved to a new site!

http://www.marchmadnessforums.com

4 posters

Favorite NBA team?

Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 256
    Favorite team : Syracuse
    REP :
    Favorite NBA team? Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Favorite NBA team? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-08

Favorite NBA team? Empty Favorite NBA team?

Post by Orange Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:50 pm

I am a Sixers fan.
    texasbball420
    texasbball420

Number of posts : 44
    REP :
    Favorite NBA team? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Favorite NBA team? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-14

Favorite NBA team? Empty Re: Favorite NBA team?

Post by texasbball420 Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 am

Houston Rockets.

What do Sixers fans think about Brand? I know the media is already saying it was a bad deal, but do the fans support Brand, or do they regret the decision of signing him to that contract? I've always liked Brand as a player and I think once he recovers he will come back next year strong.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :
    Favorite NBA team? Left_bar_bleue500 / 100500 / 100Favorite NBA team? Right_bar_bleue

Post by Orange Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 pm

texasbball wrote:Houston Rockets.

What do Sixers fans think about Brand? I know the media is already saying it was a bad deal, but do the fans support Brand, or do they regret the decision of signing him to that contract? I've always liked Brand as a player and I think once he recovers he will come back next year strong.

The Rockets just lost T-Mac for the year...

I don't know how I feel about the Brand signing. I feel like the money could have been better spent elsewhere (possibly acquiring Josh Smith) but I am not writing off Brand as a failure. Cheeks did not work him into the system right and he has not had enough time on the court because of his injuries to judge his performance under DiLeo. I think he can be a successful player just the way Cheeks used him was wrong for the Sixers.
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK

Number of posts : 38
    REP :
    Favorite NBA team? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Favorite NBA team? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by JAY BALLIN' HAWK Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:12 pm

I am a Boston Celtics fan but I must admit I did not become a Celtics fan until Paul Pierce was drafted. Before that I was all about the Spurs. David Robinson was my favorite player growing up. I follow a lot of teams in the NBA though. I know a lot of older folks are down on the league because of it's image but I think that the problems the league has had are not reflective of the overall quality. The athletes in the NBA are bar none the best in the world. That All Star game was great entertainment. Had a nice flow although I though Lebron was too concerned with tryin' to get MVP and goin' toe for toe with Kobe. Kobe had the hot hand and Lebron didn't. There was a few times you could just tell he wanted to bulldoze through the lane for his patented Tomahawk jam but couldn't get there. Shaq was awesome. Pregame and game.
    Favorite players are Pierce, James, Paul, Iverson, Stoudemire, Garnett, and Howard.
    codelltaylor
    codelltaylor

Number of posts : 109
    Favorite team : PITT
    REP :

Registration date : 2009-02-19

Post by codelltaylor Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Brand doesn't seem to fit Philly's system. Josh Smith would have been great, a versatile wing player built to run the wide open style, Brand just doesn't fit. He goes out and they go on a run. He went out the first time and they promptly won what 6 or 7 in a row? Can't be a coincidence cuz they did it both times he went out.

I don't have an NBA team near me, the Cavs are the closest but I don't really root for them. I'm a big Kobe guy, he is my favorite player so I kinda pull for the Lakers, and any team with Shaq, now the Suns are always intriguing and I just love to watch him bull over people.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 pm

But Brand wasn't given enough time to play under DiLeo and I think he will be able to play better when he returns from injury next year. Would have loved to have Josh Smith but the Hawks were going to outpay any offer for him apparently.
    codelltaylor
    codelltaylor

REP :

Post by codelltaylor Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Yeah Philly definitely needs Brand to fit into the system. Maybe if he can overcome this string of injuries he can. He is a good player I just am not convinced he is worth 5 years 80 million to Philly. They could have gotten 2 players that fit better for that money.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:28 pm

codelltaylor wrote:Yeah Philly definitely needs Brand to fit into the system. Maybe if he can overcome this string of injuries he can. He is a good player I just am not convinced he is worth 5 years 80 million to Philly. They could have gotten 2 players that fit better for that money.

Yea, Brand's contract is one of the worst in the NBA, besides like Marcus Camby and Baron Davis.
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK
    JAY BALLIN' HAWK

Number of posts : 38
    REP :
    Favorite NBA team? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Favorite NBA team? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-02-13

Post by JAY BALLIN' HAWK Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 pm

If you're wondering why I don't have Kobe on my favorite players list. I don't like Kobe. I'm not a Kobe hater. He's the best in the game. His talent and killer instinct are top knotch. He's changed for the better personality temmate wise. I actually use to like Kobe but when he got into that trouble in Colorado and threw Shaqs name into the whole mix. I lost all respect for him as a man. Like I said though. He's the best in the world but he's far down my favorite players list.
    codelltaylor
    codelltaylor

REP :

Post by codelltaylor Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:34 pm

yeah he definitely hurt the rep in that incident. Since then he has come back a much better person though and after all that it is all you can ask.
    Orange
    Orange
    Admin
    Admin

REP :

Post by Orange Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Always hated the Celtics but I really like Paul Pierce as a player. Some of my other favorite non-Sixers players are Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Hakeem Warrick, Joe Johnson, and Kevin Durant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:39 am